Terms & Conditions
By entering the Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize competition, you hereby accept these Terms & Conditions.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter.
- All entries must be submitted during the contest open submission timeframe with the start date of 12:00AM EST May 1, 2019 and the deadline of 11:59PM PST on October 15, 2019.
- The competition is open to both amateur and professional photographers.
- All photography must relate to human rights issues illustrating courage, despair, hope, injustice, hate, compassion, human rights failures or victories in ways small and large.
- By entering the competition, you acknowledge that Photography 4 Humanity is authorized to receive and review your data including, but not limited to, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. This information may be collected, processed, stored, and otherwise used for the purposes of conducting and administering this photography competition. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify or delete any personal data held by Photography 4 Humanity by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To enter the competition, you must submit your entries to the competition URL: www.photography4humanity.com
- All entries will be reviewed and pre-screened by the Photography 4 Humanity editors. The screened entries will then be reviewed by the Photography 4 Humanity jury. The decisions of the jury are final.
- Winning photographs may be included in future traveling group gallery exhibitions and/or screenings and projections at arts and photography festivals worldwide. All photographers retain the copyright of his or her images, and proper credit lines will be attributed to each individual photographer when exhibited or displayed anywhere by Photography 4 Humanity.
- The full name of each entrant whose work is selected as a winner, juror’s pick, or finalist will be published online.
- Cash prizes will be paid by wire transfer or other electronic methods. Any fees incurred for foreign currency transfers will be deducted from the winning amount. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or of any Prize are the sole responsibility of winners. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted by winner. If a Prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from The Sponsor, as determined by The Sponsor in its sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries at The Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- No cash alternatives will be offered for any prize.
- All entrants may submit up to five photographs.
- Photography entry information must be complete or it will result in disqualification (Photographer name, title, location, date, description).
- If an image advances to final judging, Contest reserves right to request a RAW or unaltered (as recorded by the camera) copy of the image to verify integrity. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Photography 4 Humanity reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any photograph that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the photograph appears on the website. You warrant in respect of the photographs submitted by you as follows:
a. You are the sole copyright owner and creator of the photograph(s).
b. You have the right to enter your photograph(s) in this competition.
c. To the best of your knowledge, the photographs do not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
d. To the best of your knowledge, the photographs do not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
e. The photograph does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and your photograph does not include trademarks owned by third parties, copyrighted materials owned by third parties, names, likenesses or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead.
f. Entries have not been purchased nor have you secured the rights to use stock images.
- You agree to fully indemnify Photography 4 Humanity in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.
- In terms of editing a photograph for submission, images should comply with the ethical guidelines of The National Press Photographers Association (www.unicef.org/ceecis/media_1482.html). It is always important to take into account the ethical considerations of photography and to protect vulnerable people from potential harm that could be inflicted as a result of the publication of images that expose or identify individuals or groups who may be or may become vulnerable as a result of the publication of the photographs.
a. No people or objects may be added, rearranged, reversed, distorted or removed from a photograph.
b. HDR and stitched panoramic images are not accepted.
c. Color must be in RGB or sRGB format.
d. Image file extensions accepted: JPG, JPEG
e. Accepted file size: 5MB – 20MB
f. Image must concern current events. All submitted images must be taken within three (3) years of date of entry.
g. All images submitted must NOT contain a watermark, logo, or overlay of any sort. The photographer, title, location, description, and date will be recognized in the credits.
h. Adjustments of color that do not alter content is permitted as long as it does not drastically change the original hue.
i. Grayscale images are permitted.
j. The photograph must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
k. Cropping is permitted.
l. Removing scratches or sensor dust is permitted.
m. Minor adjustments including spotting, dodging and burning, sharpening, and contrast are permitted.
- Copyright for all submitted photography is retained by the photographer.
- Not every photograph submitted to the competition will be publicly visible on the Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize website. The photos that appear on the website are pre-selected by the Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize editors. The photos that are chosen by our editors to appear on the website do not reflect your standing in the competition. The jury will not judge any of the photos until after the October 15, 2019 deadline.
- By entering, all entrants agree that their photograph(s) may be reproduced (with photographer’s credit) and used to conduct and to promote the Global Prize competition. You hereby grant Photography 4 Humanity the right to use submitted images in the framework of such promotional activities.
- Any photograph used by Photography 4 Humanity shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as Photography 4 Humanity uses its reasonable endeavors to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
- You acknowledge that Photography 4 Humanity and its event partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
- Photography 4 Humanity assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the competition and Photography 4 Humanity assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, or technical malfunctions, with regard to the competition. Photography 4 Humanity assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries. Photography 4 Humanity is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to Photography 4 Humanity on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition. If for any reason a contestant’s photograph cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, Photography 4 Humanity assumes no responsibility.
- In no event will Photography 4 Humanity, it’s members, event partners or its officers, employees, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the website and participation in the competition. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
- You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of your name and winning images for the purpose of advertising, promotion, and publicity for Photography 4 Humanity and the competition without additional compensation. Such requests will not be unreasonably withheld.